Confidentiality, Ethics, and Privacy
The Three Core Basic Beliefs are "Ethical Practices, Integrity in the Way We Do Business, and Respect for All". Accordingly, we and our Affiliates will use the following guidelines when collecting and using customer information.
Our purpose in collecting information
Information means information about you which is, or can be, tied to you as an individual and/or company. We collect personal information to:
- deliver the products and services;
- administer our business;
- continual improvement;
- communicate in a generic form;
- provide customer service; and
- respond to requests from accreditation bodies (such as IRCA and Exemplar)
We collect information with confidentiality
The information we collect may include:
- contact information, identification numbers, product preferences and other information you provide when you do business with us online, in your facility, at our QMR club meetings, or sign-up for training services.
- technical information (such as your Internet Protocol address, your computer's operating system and browser type and the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages) when you visit our websites; and
- audit information provided by you and third parties (such as employees, customers and suppliers, etc.) in connection with your ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and BS OHSAS 18001 certification.
When you visit our websites we may place a "cookie" (a small computer file) on your computer to help us recognize and serve you better when you return. You may delete this cookie from your computer. You may also set your internet browser to reject cookies; however, doing so may limit the functionality of our websites.
We do not use personal information
- when you request or give us permission to do so;
- when we use service providers, contractors, customer service or research companies, etc. for limited purposes to assist us in completing our business with you, maintaining or conducting our business, or doing customer research;
- when appropriate to prevent harm or injury, or to comply with valid legal process and applicable laws.
We may share information with Affiliates for these same reasons and also to let you know about continual improvement projects, special events, new products and services, unless such sharing is prohibited by law. We may share with Affiliates and non-Affiliates statistical information that does not identify you individually.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information
We maintain reasonable physical, technical and procedural measures to limit access to personal information to authorized individuals with appropriate purposes.
Modifications to our privacy policies
We reserve the right to change our privacy policies at any time, except as may be prohibited by law. We will post revisions online. Use of our websites or services or the purchase of products after posted charges means that you consent to the privacy policies as changed.